Sister Nancy Beth After Dark

Friday, June 23, 2006

The triumphant return of the Friday random ten

I've enjoyed doing this particular blog meme because it gets me to look at my music collection, and it also gives me a challenge: at least one song released within the past two years needs to show up, or I am officially Old. I quit doing this because I ran out of space on my d drive. Since my computer has been acting up, though, Jesus & I figured we should back it up, so we got an external hard drive with 250 gigs of ram to facilitate transferring our cd collection to the iPod. I haven't resumed the profligate downloading from days past, however, because even though that sounds like a lot of memory, I know there will come a day when it still won't be enough. Does anyone remember when we had to make do with ... was it 256K of memory? Here's what's rocking Sister Nancy Beth's world for this Friday evening:

King Me - Palace Brothers
Greater Windmill Street Blues - Cakekitchen
I.O.U. (Nought) - The Ex
Am I Right? - Erasure
Le Freak - Chic
Big Gorilla Man - Gladys Bentley
Hate - Cat Power
Big White Cloud - John Cale
Faith - Sex Clark Five
Ching Soortukchulerining Yryzy (Song Of The Caravan Drivers) - Huun-Huur-Tu

I notice from my Sitemeter statistics that I get a smattering of hits from the Southeast every time a Sex Clark Five is posted, so I say this to those visitors: If you were in the band, YOU GUYS ROCK!!! I bought the Beehive Rebellion reissue of Strum & Drum about 1o years ago, and it has sweetened many a morning's commute to downtown LA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home