Sister Nancy Beth After Dark

Friday, June 23, 2006

Dream fragment - 06/23/2006

I was getting into doing this a few weeks back, but I quickly got out of the habit. Here's what I can remember from last night/this morning:

My boyfriend & I are in the back yard of my dad's previous house. We have a 5-qt pot of steamed brown rice, topped off with steamed Nantes carrots with their tops still attached. We enter the sliding glass door into the dining room. Somehow the pot ends up in my father's hands. He puts the pot out with both arms, away from his body, as if he were expecting me to take it from him, and he lets it drop to the floor. All of the rice has ended up on the floor and door mat. I see that there are only a few grains of rice still inside, clinging to the nonstick surface of the pot. My dad says the rice is salvageable, but I am upset because it is brown rice and will take 45 minutes to cook.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Undercover Mother said…

    Uh, maybe you were hungry while you were dreaming???

    I so don't understand how to interpret dreams.

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger liquiddaddy said…

    Sister,

    I go to bed after dark, but I felt I had to write.

    I had the same dream, except it was range top vanilla pudding (the kind that makes a skin) and cocktail weanies.

    Is it possible that God is wispering in the ears of, I daresay, those chosen for the Rapture?

    Special Forces for Christ,

    LD

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Nicholas Borelli said…

    Each grain of rice represents a lost soul. Never to be recovered except withhard and long work. A mission.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home